Today I received an e-mail with the particulars of the No Boundaries program. Much of the training seems to be a "run 1 walk 2" form of training alternating running and walking and repearing a certain number of times. I think at first I should be able to handle it no problem.
On the treadmill today I changed things up a little. First, I set the incline on the machine to 1 degree. I've read a few places that using that feature on the treadmill makes the run a little more like running in the real world. The second thing I did was alternate running and walking .25 miles. I kept the running pace at 5.0mph and repeated 4 times. My right knee is bugging me a little but otherwise I felt pretty good.
Monday is the first training meeting for the program. I'm very excited but I'm also a little nervous about running somewhere other than on a treadmill.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment